PDA

View Full Version : Job interview

mnardone
March 3rd, 2011, 05:12 AM
I have a Job interview tomorrow and I have a new shirt and dress shoes. My problem is that I only have caro pants, is that going to break me.

uRock
March 3rd, 2011, 05:15 AM
Not Ubuntu related.

Moved to the Cafe where almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed.

Evil-Ernie
March 3rd, 2011, 05:19 AM
Depends on the job role and the interviewers. I would say always dress as smart as you can for interviews as even if the company themselves have a relaxed dress policy it shows effort and professionalism. To some interviewers it doesn't matter but the question is, is it worth the risk that you may be faced with someone that it does matter, or even it might come down to you being pitted against a candidate that have equal skills, qualifications and attitude as you so may be used as a splitting hairs point.

Of course it shouldn't really matter as I don't think how you dress for an interview makes you and better or worst for a job, but then I am not interviewing you!

sammiev
March 3rd, 2011, 05:22 AM
I have a Job interview tomorrow and I have a new shirt and dress shoes. My problem is that I only have caro pants, is that going to break me.

Just be yourself and GL. :) I go to job interviews in jeans, good shirt and running shoes. Got every job I applied for so far and I'm 50 years old. ):P

If you worry about what your wearing and not worrying about the task at hand, you will likely do bad. :(

Irihapeti
March 3rd, 2011, 05:31 AM
Focus on what you can do for the company to improve the bottom line, reduce expenses, get through the paperwork efficiently, or whatever else is important to them. If you can do that well, clothing and such things become much less important.

Mark Phelps
March 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Since this was 11 hours ago, you're likely back from the interview now and have answered your own question ...

First, to comment from my experience, if you don't have "dress clothes" for an interview (at least, "business casual", or better, a suit), then you need to ask BEFORE the interview if certain attire is expected.

If they balk at you asking, then even going to the interview is most probably a waste of time. IF they won't hire you for asking a question, then how are you going to do any work there??

And second, the only honest answer anyone could have provided you to your question is "We don't know". As some have said, maybe you'll get someone who doesn't card about attire; but on the other hand, maybe you'll get someone who really DOES. We simply don't know.

adeee
March 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
i just only say. Wish you best of luck. :P