PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a IDE that supports svn?

TheShader
March 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hello me and my friends at school want to start a small-scaled C++ project. I want to use a free repo site and a good IDE that supports svn(or any other commit software like git). I've come across eclipse and netbeans but I see that they both depend on Java, which is not so good at all since I want the IDE to be lightweight and simple. Code::blocks was a good IDE for me but I see that it doesn't have a plugin or something for SVN :( Please help :confused:

Simian Man
March 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'd try Eclipse before you knock it. It's by far the best Linux IDE in my opinion, and I never use it for Java.

GenBattle
March 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM
+1 for eclipse

But if you really do need a lightweight project, why not just use raw C code and makefiles, and use gedit or vim or something as your editor.

If that's too lightweight though, your next best option for C++ is probably code::blocks.

TheShader
March 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Well actually I might suggest Eclipse to my friends but I rather prefer simplicity, so I'm going with gedit and RabbitVCS, a svn add-on for nautilus and gedit ^^ thanks guys

foxmuldr
March 2nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hello me and my friends at school want to start a small-scaled C++ project. I want to use a free repo site and a good IDE that supports svn(or any other commit software like git). I've come across eclipse and netbeans but I see that they both depend on Java, which is not so good at all since I want the IDE to be lightweight and simple. Code::blocks was a good IDE for me but I see that it doesn't have a plugin or something for SVN :( Please help :confused:

Codelite by Eran Ifrah. Much smaller and faster than Eclipse.

- Rick C. Hodgin