PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cannot install 32-bit 10.04.2, bad image?

livetoride
March 2nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hi, I'm relatively new to linux and Ubuntu and hitting some road blocks.

I installed the 32-bit version of 10.04.1 on an old pc to be a media server a few weeks back. Went with the desktop version because I like the GUI and there will be others accessing it. Not a problem from downloading, creating the bootable USB and installing.

Now, I have installed Vista 64-bit back on my boyfriends laptop and was all ready to install Ubuntu 10.04.2 and it won't go anywhere. I was looking to install the 32-bit Ubuntu on his Gateway M-series. I finally tried the installs on other computers and it won't boot there either. So I gave up on 32 and tried 64 bit...went off without a hitch. Has anyone else noticed problems with the downloaded Live CD in the past few days?

I downloaded the Live CD (many a time), tried downloading the alternate, but it couldn't connect to get the file, from 2 different computers and set up the failed USBs with the latest Unetbootin and USBInstaller (Pendrive). I even made a 32-bit bootable CD and that failed too, so I wasted one.

Frogs Hair
March 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
People have reported server problems the last two days and I had update problems yesterday . All I can think of is burring at a slower speed if you have the option and this. Welcome to forums !
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

livetoride
March 2nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hmm, okay. I will check the downloads...I don't need to do any more installs unless the 64-bit really gives me print driver problems, but I will for another comp soon. Hopefully it was just a hiccup in the system...Thanks.

livetoride
March 6th, 2011, 06:38 AM
No luck with 64-bit all around. I've tried studio, 10.10, 10.04.1, 10.04.2. Am I missing something? Using PenDriveLinux to create USB. Wanted 64-bit Ubuntu Studio on Dell XPS 1640 :/