PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strange Resource Problem virus

Jefferythewind
March 2nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
**Solved**

Once I restarted the computer the problem went away. That was strange, but the posts below were very useful.

**Solved**

Hi Everyone,
I seem to have got some kind of virus. I did recently install a package of updates, but I have no idea if this is the problem. I have attached a picture that explains the whole problem. My computer freezes a 5 seconds for about 2 seconds. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
In my active processes list, nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks

Frogs Hair
March 2nd, 2011, 02:10 AM
Run
top in the terminal and see if you find out what process is causing it.

Jefferythewind
March 2nd, 2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks Frogs Hair,
That is a very useful command that I didn't know about. It seems that a command called 'events/l' is eating up all the processor. It is funny because this process does not show up on the Gnome-system-monitor process list.
I did a google search and didn't find anything distinctive. Does anyone know about this, or how I can try to kill this?

Thanks a lot.

Piccy
March 2nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
A bug was reported for this about 5 years ago

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/67126

May be of help

Jefferythewind
March 2nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Piccy thanks for the help. I will turn to this bug report for more help in the future. It looks like this is the same bug that I have, although i am not using the same kind of wireless card mentioned in the bug report. Since restarting my computer it seems to have gone away though. Now the 2 cores of my CPU are alternating from 3% to 20%, which is much better. And this event/1 does not show up in the top report.