PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Is there an applet that's just for volume?

RichieB07
March 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
I don't like the indicator applet because of the Evolution integration and was wondering if there was an applet for just volume. Or if there's a way to get rid of the Evolution integration since I don't use it (and frankly have it uninstalled on my netbook).

pricetech
March 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Right click on the envelope and select "Remove From Panel"

Is that what you want ???

vivek.pandey
March 1st, 2011, 04:38 PM
yes there is an applet just for volume
system->preferences->sound right click attach to panel

Frogs Hair
March 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Just tried this and it worked for removing the envelope and leaving the volume.
sudo apt-get remove indicator-messages

Killall gnome-panel

RichieB07
March 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Just tried this and it worked for removing the envelope and leaving the volume.
sudo apt-get remove indicator-messages

Killall gnome-panel

This worked great, thank you! I love Ubuntu and it's flexibility, even with applets!

yes there is an applet just for volume
system->preferences->sound right click attach to panel

This was cool to learn, but I like the functionality of the volume slider, not having to wait for it to load.

Right click on the envelope and select "Remove From Panel"

Is that what you want ???

This removes the envelope and the volume icon.

vivek.pandey
March 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM
This was cool to learn, but I like the functionality of the volume slider, not having to wait for it to load.

the best part of that applet is you can increase the volume larger than you can from the sliders.. wat i mean is suppose you maximized the volume using slider you can still increase the volume using sound applet...i like it for watching movies esp when i am not using headphones or external speakers

Frogs Hair
March 1st, 2011, 10:07 PM
This worked great, thank you! I love Ubuntu and it's flexibility, even with applets!

This removes the envelope and the volume icon.

Glad it worked , this will not affect notification area messages.

RichieB07
March 2nd, 2011, 05:13 AM
the best part of that applet is you can increase the volume larger than you can from the sliders.. wat i mean is suppose you maximized the volume using slider you can still increase the volume using sound applet...i like it for watching movies esp when i am not using headphones or external speakers

Makes sense. I always say do what works for you. For me I rarely need to do that, as Ubuntu just makes things louder on my laptop than Windows does.

Glad it worked , this will not affect notification area messages.

Awesome, good to know!