PDA

View Full Version : The last stop on our vacation

KiwiNZ
March 1st, 2011, 02:53 AM
This was the last lake we were on when we received news of the Earthquake. It is Lake Tarawera. It is spectacular. We will return there soon to recover in its serenity.

KiwiNZ
March 1st, 2011, 02:56 AM
The colours are so relaxing and the waters are fantastic

overdrank
March 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM
Awesome. Sounds like a really good vacation. :)

KiwiNZ
March 1st, 2011, 03:07 AM
Here is a Kiwi at the COM. I am on the right standing (Helm) a friend of ours is on the left.

Khakilang
March 1st, 2011, 04:28 AM
Its about time you take a rest after some painful experience. Enjoy yourself you deserve it. Ubuntu forum is still in good hand.

Leovi
March 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM
fantastic paradise...I want to relax my mind there,
might listen to the voice of Nature mother.

piquat
March 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
I always feel better on the water. Fishing, boating, swimming, just sitting there staring at it. Soooo relaxing.

Swagman
March 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
I would love that first image as a high res wallpaper... pretty please with cream & hundreds and thousands and a cherry on top !!

mips
March 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
The colours are so relaxing and the waters are fantastic

Water temperature?

If I can't spend 2-4 hours in the water without a wetsuit I'm really not interested :)
If there's water I have to be in it.

Looks lovely though!

MaxIBoy
March 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun, wish I was there!

KiwiNZ
March 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Water temperature?

If I can't spend 2-4 hours in the water without a wetsuit I'm really not interested :)
If there's water I have to be in it.

Looks lovely though!

When we were there the Sounder on our boat was reporting the water temperature at between 23 to 25 degrees C .

mips
March 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
When we were there the Sounder on our boat was reporting the water temperature at between 23 to 25 degrees C .

25C is great for a water baby like me :D

Tristam Green
March 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
This was the last lake we were on when we received news of the Earthquake. It is Lake Tarawera. It is spectacular. We will return there soon to recover in its serenity.

So *that*'s where you've been.

Also, you have an earring, or your picture is playing tricks on me. Whodathunk?

Plumtreed
March 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
OMG!....an earring!!!!!

New Zealand is v/nice...so much to see and do in a fairly small place...nice people too but can't play rugby(much)

mips
March 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
...nice people too but can't play rugby(much)

Lol, that's fighting talk right there :)

KiwiNZ
March 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
OMG!....an earring!!!!!

New Zealand is v/nice...so much to see and do in a fairly small place...nice people too but can't play rugby(much)

We will finish this discussion after we win the World cup :P

OH who is the Tri Nations Champions ?
Who has the Bledisloe Cup ?
Who is ranked Nos 1 in the World ?

I rest my case :D :D :P

KiwiNZ
March 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM

All sea dogs have earrings :P

KiwiNZ
March 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM

My vacation was interrupted by events in Christchurch I was called up to assist

Plumtreed
March 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
That is a very tragic thing, all those poor people killed and injured and also the considerable damage to a very lovable city. It must have been heartbreaking for you...all I could do was contribute some money. We feel for you......and OK on the Rugby, you seem to be showing how it should be done....as usual.

handy
March 3rd, 2011, 01:12 AM
All sea dogs have earrings :P

Ah! So you're a Kiwi pirate Mike!!! :lolflag:

KiwiNZ
March 3rd, 2011, 04:19 AM
Ah! So you're a Kiwi pirate Mike!!! :lolflag:

I have rejoined the Volunteer Rescue and Coast Guard hence my recent absences and why my vacation was cut short. Yes I am a sea laving man

When I finish the task I was assigned post Christchurch, we intend to resume the plan we had before all hell broke loose. That is. Sell up where are, purchase a life style block on our Northern Coast and stick a sign out "gone fishing". I don't know if I could go through another Christchurch. I have been through too many already.

I will sadly miss Ubuntu Forums and many of the fine folks I have met here but times they are a changing.

Irihapeti
March 3rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
We'll miss you too but as you say, times need to change and nothing stays the same forever.

I take it from reading between the lines that your health has improved considerably, which is good news.

I figure that once you've gone fishing, you won't miss that ban hammer one bit. :)

But I for one won't scream and hide if you make the occasional appearance on the forums....

handy
March 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
Now you've let the cat out of the bag Mike.

The forums will certainly feel your loss.

Though we are all so happy that you have finally managed to get free from the many terrible restrictions imposed upon your health. Restrictions & severe discomfort that you have had to bear & battle with 24/7 resulting from your voluntary assistance over in Indonesia, where you were helping out the people there after the dreadful 2004 Boxing day Tsunami.

May your health & strength continue to improve indefinitely, & may your future life be most satisfying, with a perfect balance of stimulation & relaxation.

Thanks Mike a.k.a KiwiNZ.