PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] deleted panel 2 by mistake

jim Kane
March 1st, 2011, 12:23 AM
#toc, .toc, .mw-warning { border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170); background-color: rgb(249, 249, 249); padding: 5px; font-size: 95%; }#toc h2, .toc h2 { display: inline; border: medium none; padding: 0pt; font-size: 100%; font-weight: bold; }#toc #toctitle, .toc #toctitle, #toc .toctitle, .toc .toctitle { text-align: center; }#toc ul, .toc ul { list-style-type: none; list-style-image: none; margin-left: 0pt; padding-left: 0pt; text-align: left; }#toc ul ul, .toc ul ul { margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 2em; }#toc .toctoggle, .toc .toctoggle { font-size: 94%; }body { font-weight: normal; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-style: normal; text-align: left; widows: 2; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-indent: 0in; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; font-size: 12pt; }table { }td { border-collapse: collapse; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; }p, h1, h2, h3, li { color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 12pt; text-align: left; } Xubuntu 10.4

I have deleted panel 2 by mistake, i have added a new panel2 but now non of the windows that i minimise show on it, i have added icon box which shows a very small icon of the running apps but without any text.

So question, is there any easy way of repairing the original behaviour of panel2.

Thanks for your help

Jim

jim Kane
March 1st, 2011, 12:25 AM
I have deleted panel 2 by mistake, i have added a new panel2 but now non of the windows that i minimise show on it, i have added icon box which shows a very small icon of the running apps but without any text.[/LEFT]

So question, is there any easy way of repairing the original behaviour of panel2.

Thanks for your help

Jim

Hnmm sorry about the formatting !

TechWiz2100
March 1st, 2011, 12:33 AM
Xubuntu 10.4

I have deleted panel 2 by mistake, i have added a new panel2 but now non of the windows that i minimise show on it, i have added icon box which shows a very small icon of the running apps but without any text.

Thanks for your help

Jim

Hnmm sorry about the formatting !

Right click the top panel and select new panel then add to panel trash, show desktop, workspace selector and window list

jim Kane
March 1st, 2011, 01:33 AM
Right click the top panel and select new panel then add to panel trash, show desktop, workspace selector and window list

Hi yes thats what i have already done,
but a minimised window is only a small icon, not how it should be with text and not as originally on the panel.

Jim

jim Kane
March 1st, 2011, 01:57 AM
Hi yes thats what i have already done,
but a minimised window is only a small icon, not how it should be with text and not as originally on the panel.

Jim

It was "Task list" that i was missing, I have to say some of the names that are used in Linux seem to be anything but intuitive,
Jim

TechWiz2100
March 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
It was "Task list" that i was missing, I have to say some of the names that are used in Linux seem to be anything but intuitive,
Jim

Ah, task list in Xubuntu and Window list in Ubuntu Desktop

And yes I agree the names are rather confusing but thats only because there are so many. I think they should start combining some of the ones that obviously go together like the Indicator Applet and the Notification Area