PDA

View Full Version : At the pawn shop

ki4jgt
February 28th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Is a Acer Emachine EM250 KAV60 Netbook worth $270?

Scooter_X
February 28th, 2011, 10:01 PM
To me it just seems like a 'fair' price. At a pawn shop you should be able to get it for quite a bit less. Especially because it's used.

But that's just from scoping the specs out on some review that I googled.

ki4jgt
February 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
It appears brand new. The guy said he has just plugged it in once in the last four months and is able to show it off to customers all the time. I doubt the truth to that statement, but anyway. I advised my sister that I bought my Acer for $299 (It has the same RAM HDD and Processor) All the external features are the same. I told her I would probably wait to buy a new one, but she said it looked brand new, so she bought it.

mkendall
March 1st, 2011, 05:13 AM
The advice I'd been given about pawn shops is to offer 30% less than what they're asking for. It gets you a better price, gives them a profit, and generally cuts through the haggling.

johntaylor1887
March 1st, 2011, 06:15 AM
The advice I'd been given about pawn shops is to offer 30% less than what they're asking for. It gets you a better price, gives them a profit, and generally cuts through the haggling.

Exactly. Pawn shops always mark up most items, hoping to get 60-80% of sticker price.