PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rhythmbox Not Reading Files On Other File System

inukai
February 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I have my music files on a Windows (NTFS) partition on my HDD. I have Rhythmbox set up to look in that folder for music files and automatically add them to my library. The problem is that after a reboot Rhythmbox remains empty unless I goto File -> Import Folder... and manually select the folder. It seems to work when I've gone into that system through Linux's File Manager before loading Rhytmbox. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

pressko
February 28th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi man,

Is your NTFS partition mounted automatically during the OS start up ? If it's not, you are not able to access your files until u mount the NTFS part. by clicking on partition icon . There are several ways to mount NTFS during the start up , the easiest way is with NTFS configuration tool.

inukai
February 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I'm pretty sure it's auto-mounted on startup. When I start up I can see the 376GB Filesystem with the eject icon, and I can acsess the files without having to run a mount command, but Rhythmbox can't unless I've accessed the folder first.

inukai
March 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Any help here?

mcduck
March 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Well, that actually sounds like the drive isn't auto-mounted on startup, but rather auto-mounted when you access it.

You might want to add the drive into /etc/fstab to get it to automount on startup.

Here's a guide for fstab: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=283131

..and if you want more help for configuring the drive in fstab, please run following commands and post the output and the contents of /etc/fstab here:

sudo fdisk -l
blkid