PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HELP Install issues for a Ubuntu newbie

Hawk11
February 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Hey guys,
I am trying to install ubuntu but I cannot connect it to the internet for the install so is there a way to install 10.10 without internet?? I keep getting the screen where it says "For best results..." with the X's and the forward button grayed out.

Also is there a way to diskpart/wipe drive during install? (this is another one of those gray X's preventing install!!)

Thanks so much!!
I figured if anybody would know you guys would.

I made a disk image boot CD if that helps.

grahammechanical
February 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM
If you are using a Ubuntu Live CD then it is most certainly possible to install without an Internet connection. It is meant to install this way. I have done it. I am sure that we are given an option to install updates as part of the install process. If you say no to it, the install should proceed.

If the process is not allowing you go go forward, then it is because you have failed to fill in a mandatory field on that page or a previous page. This is my guess.

How are you trying to install? Again, the Live CD will bring up a partitioner program. If you select Use entire disc, it will format the whole drive to a Linux format of your choosing. If you allow it to install alongside an existing operating system, it will partition the disc and again it will format the new partition to a format of your choosing.

Regards.