PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help needed with XSPF player

Mariane
February 27th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I am trying to get a web page to play a song. I had it working locally at one point but now I cannot get it to work at all. I don't know if the issue is related to my computer or to the way I wrote the XSPF object.

So please, can someone go to http://www.lapf.eu/Jonina/ and tell me whether you hear anything? And with which browser?

And if you know about XSPF, could you please have a look at the source code of this page - the relevant part is only 5 lines - and tell me whether you spot any mistake?

Or if it is working for you, please tell me how I can find out why it is not working for me.

Mariane

davidmohammed
February 27th, 2011, 08:51 PM
using chrome on ubuntu - no sounds on that web-page.

Mariane
February 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Got it. I was trying to get the best possible sound when converting from .wav into .mp3 so I fiddled with Audacity's settings and ended up with a file which would play locally but not via a browser.

For anyone finding this thread:

If it doesn't play via:
<A HREF src="yourfile.mp3">some name</A> it won't play through any player, either.

If you copy/paste from the web be careful of quotation marks. You need 2 parallel ticks going straight down, anything curling sideways won't do. They have to be like that:
"

Files can get corrupted during upload, if it doesn't play it's worth a try to re-upload it. I had to do it 3 times (slow connection).

Mariane