PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Libreoffice problems with

paulofeastman
February 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I have files from microsoft windows xp and put them in a file in Ubuntu...when i open with Libreoffice after a while the the buttons disappear:minimize...maximum...and the close button on top right. To close the file I have to go to file up top to the left and close it from there...I am getting discouraged with this. Is there a way I can fix it...I tried toggle and drag it down and now that doesn't do it...I have to keep closing files to use another one...I can't keep restarting every few minutes.

Is anyone having this same problem?

paulofeastman

:guitar:file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png

grahammechanical
February 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The maximize, minimize and exit buttons are a function of the desktop and not the application that you are using. Go to System>Preferences>Keyboard shortcuts. In there you will see keyboard key combinations that will do what you want. Could it be that you are somehow going into full screen mode? You might want to think about choosing a different theme in Appearance.

Regards.

Silent Warrior
February 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I can't make good sense of this... but I know OpenOffice (which is what LibreOffice forked from, if you didn't know) has a menu named Window, where you can switch between opened files. No need to close anything, if it works as advertised.

Do you have window borders? (That part of the window with the title and min/max/exit-buttons. Just checking so it's not Compiz giving you lip.)

paulofeastman
April 16th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Hi I am getting nowhere with Ubuntu...All my documents are in Windows XP and microsoft word...What can I use that is compabilble with Ubuntu and will not delete any of my information on the documents I have? I have all my documents on a seagate external hard drive...What do you use using this same format?

Thanks because I like the features of Ubuntu...

paulofeastman:guitar: