PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] Mythbuntu Install Stalls out at 85-90%

ijourneaux
February 27th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Total noob here. I am trying to install Mythbuntu 10.10 on a computer with and empty hard drive using a CD.

The install start fine, I make a couple of selections to tell the installer I want to use the entire harddrive, select the timezone and the install starts without any problems.

Unfortunatly after about 30min or so, the installation seem to be stalled out with the progress bar at the 85-90% range. There are no obvious errors in the log.

I have successing installed Ubuntu in the past (although not on this hardware).

The PC includes an IDE based DVD-R, 120Gb sata based ssd, 939 dual core processor. 8600GT video card. 2Gb memory. One possibility is that I don't have a TV tuner card installed yet. Was going to do that after I got Ubuntu up and running but perhaps the installer is looking for a tuner card.

I realize I am not giving anyone much to work but I am not sure what I could post.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 27th, 2011, 03:39 AM
I am about to go to sleep; so, I may not see your reply.

Is it displaying "Ready when you are"?

If so, go back and enter your user name in lower case letters; no capital letters.

That is a common problem for people installing 10.10.

ijourneaux
February 27th, 2011, 05:43 PM
It is displaying "Ready when you are" but the progress bar across the bottom is stalled about 85% from the right side edge.

I did specify my first name as a login name with a capitalized first name.

Will try again.