PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Where to get the Gnome audio applet?

RobotGymnast
February 26th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I've fresh-installed a minimal Ubuntu version, and I'm trying to reclaim my "Audio" applet in gnome. Where can I find this?

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I'm not familiar with the minimal installation , but in the normal desktop version it is called indicator-sound in the synaptic package manager.

RobotGymnast
February 26th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I'm not familiar with the minimal installation...

The minimal installation is exactly the same as the regular installation, but with all the non-essential packages taken out. All the packages and everything are still called the same thing, they're just not installed by default.

...in the normal desktop version it is called indicator-sound in the synaptic package manager

Hmm.. I installed indicator-sound and rebooted, and it's not showing up. Anything I need to modprobe or service?

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Right click the panel and see if you have an add to panel menu , if so add the indicator applet. The add to panel menu may be considered non essential , but I don't know.

RobotGymnast
February 26th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Right click the panel and see if you have an add to panel menu , if so add the indicator applet. The add to panel menu may be considered non essential , but I don't know.

Ah, yup. Got indicator-applet-complete and added it to the bar. Thanks!

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 11:30 PM
There seems to be a number of packages that make up the panel applets system and I unable to give you a complete list . the more I look in synaptic the more I find.

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Ah, yup. Got indicator-applet-complete and added it to the bar. Thanks!

Great , mark as solved :)