PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution mail with exchange server

bfmetcalf
February 26th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I am trying to get an exchange account to work in evolution. Any ideas how to get this to work. I have downloaded the drivers I could find to do so. I know what the server address is as I am connected to it on my android HTC Hero. Is there usually anything special needed to get connected to an exchange account? I am really new to ubuntu (first day and loving it so far) so I probably need some details to get it going.

I am using easytether to get my internet if that makes a difference.

wt8008
February 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Can you access your exchange server email via the web with Outlook Web Access? You can use that URL in Evolution to allow for it to download email.

bfmetcalf
March 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
I tried using the web address. Just kept telling me it couldn't connect to the server. I have tried different addresses (the same as outlook uses, the same as my android phone uses) without much luck. Are there any settings I have to set to get this to work?

mastablasta
March 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
are you using the correct port? some servers port to be specified on ocnnection. it is easilly done by typing

:portnumber
next to server.

eg:
imap.example.com:24

also have you tried Thunderbird email client?
i am starting to feel it might be a better option than either Kmail or Evolution.

bfmetcalf
March 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I can try the port number. Where do I find the correct port number to use. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm really new to linux based systems.