PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Main Menu size

lee_connell
February 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM
When using the main menu applet, the system and places menu are smaller then the rest of the menu's, yet their sub-menus are fine. How can I fix this? It is annoying. I see the same issue in natty. I would also like to give them their appropriate icons, in this situation there are no icons on places and system.

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 02:11 AM
When using the main menu I notice the width changes depending on the length of the text describing the application.

Is this what you are describing or something else ?

lee_connell
February 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM
No, check out this image. Places and System height is smaller then the rest of the menu's.

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
This is the case for me on 10.10 as well , but I never looked at as a problem or annoyance .

lee_connell
February 26th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I just don't know where it is configured to be like that, somewhere it is overriding how it looks when you go into edit menus. It's only a cosmetic issue, but something I would like to change

Frogs Hair
February 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I just don't know where it is configured to be like that, somewhere it is overriding how it looks when you go into edit menus. It's only a cosmetic issue, but something I would like to change

I would have no idea why the menu was laid out that way , but I doubt it was a mistake . I have been looking around the configuration editor and the file system but have not found it yet.

Krytarik
February 27th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I believe it depends on the GTK theme and the icon theme, my main menu looks just fine, and Places and System also have icons. See screenshot.

false truths
February 27th, 2011, 01:01 AM
That is because your other menu items have icons, which vertically stretch the menu entries. If your places and system items had icons tied to them, they would also be stretched like that.

Frogs Hair
February 27th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I have icons for places and system included with my set but they don't appear on the the main menu .

I use the Gnomenu now but keep the others handy and add them to the panel if needed.