PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba Satellite L305-S5919 and Cannon Pixma MP560

kenny2009
February 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5919 laptop running Ubuntu 10.04 and a Cannon Pixma MP560 printer/scanner combo which use to work perfectly together (well the printing did, I could never get it to scan anything to my computer.

I have it set up as a network printer. It has its own IP address and it is not connected physically to a computer via USB. All printing from all computers is done via my wireless router.

Like I said above, the printer use to work fine on my laptop. Then I had to move the printer to make room for a TV on the table where the printer was. When I moved it, nothing would print or copy. As it turns out, I accidently set the printer on a strip of cardboard that had been peeled off of a packing box. That little piece of cardboard some how interfered with the paper tray on the bottom of the printer. It was causing the paper to jam. So I removed that and I am able to make copies of stuff now. But I still cannot print from my laptop.

My desktop computers are all running Windows XP and they are still able to print just fine. I do not believe I have changed anything on my laptop that would interfere with my printer.

What are the steps to troubleshoot this issue? What would I do first (and how would I do it)?

kenny2009
February 28th, 2011, 03:27 AM
My DVD drive won't play any DVDs. I can see the files on the DVDs but I can't actually play them in a media player. It use to work fine. I do not think I did anything to make it stop working.

How would I troubleshoot something like this?