PDA

View Full Version : debian.org

Ozor Mox
February 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I see that Debian's website (http://www.debian.org) has finally been redesigned... I was wondering when that would happen, it seemed to be stuck in some sort of time warp from 10 years ago :)

Also, good to see that the cafe has come back to life!

zenwalker
February 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
The new design is good atleast compared to its older ver.

Lucradia
February 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Debian 6 still doesn't have Fire--I mean, Iceweasel 3.6 :(

NightwishFan
February 25th, 2011, 02:26 PM
It will probably hit Sid/Testing eventually. I agree it might have been better if they got 3.6 in. However I read that the maintainer for Iceweasel in Debian actually works for Mozilla, so I trust their judgment in packaging. (Apparently it would change a lot too late in the freeze was the reason)

It should be fine since Debian will support it for a long period compared to the normal Firefox.

Lucradia
February 25th, 2011, 02:31 PM
It will probably hit Sid/Testing eventually. I agree it might have been better if they got 3.6 in. However I read that the maintainer for Iceweasel in Debian actually works for Mozilla, so I trust their judgment in packaging. (Apparently it would change a lot too late in the freeze was the reason)

It should be fine since Debian will support it for a long period compared to the normal Firefox.

Pretty sure 3.6 was in unstable right after it was released.

NightwishFan
February 25th, 2011, 02:39 PM
3.6 is in the experimental repository still. (It probably will hit unstable soon unless they are just waiting for Firefox 4 at this point.

Also here is a glorious exposition for you all. I was waiting for the squeeze release announcement, so I had debian.org up. To be honest I only reloaded the page every once and a while. (Like every hour). However at one point I hit refresh, and bam, the old blue was gone and the new one was up. :D For a second I wondered what happened. The changes are for the better, the site is much easier to use now.

Lucradia
February 25th, 2011, 02:45 PM
the old blue was gone

Pretty sure the debian site was mostly red.

NightwishFan
February 25th, 2011, 02:50 PM
You are right, I am thinking of the lenny art. My mistake.

gintovan
February 25th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Looks nice.

That was a well deserved redesign :)