PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Whats up with ubuntu?

gentooserberlin
February 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hello Ubuntuianer.

For the first i wish all a good day, before i have some really important questions.

On my Laptop i run ubuntu because i have no time for compiling gentoo and at an other laptop i got gentoo.

And in the Moment i wrote to all of your my screnn gets to sleep every 10 seconds why, because i´m activ. The system doesnt realize that the power cable is plugged and the gnoma window manager is crape since the third restart. No titel bar. And i can move the mouse but the screen gets darker and then to sleep.

Why why why? And that are the things at the moment. My first contact was in October as i have to build a backup server for an existing website and the test system should be at my private box for testing purpose.

So i installed ubuntu and at partitioning i choose the manually one. i checked the recommandation of ubuntu and decide to save my own config and gets forward in the installation process. But Ubuntu ignore my settings and with very much luck i didnt loose all of my photos. Because Ubuntu parted that twice for root and swappartition. But i allready have a swap of 8GB. What is that and where is the Sinn and purpose of such programming effort?

So the installation was ready and i restart the system the first time at the next day and uuuuupps filesystem errors at a new hdd.

Okay the Server was up at the internet and i configure my services. I needed mod_auth_mysql and after three days hard work nothing was really good i cant use this after three days and i choose debian and after 30 minutes all is fine. Is that was ubuntu really want?

At the new release of ubuntu the vi is crap. every time i want to move downwards nothing moves but a b is wrote at file and iḿ not in editing modus.

At least. If Ubuntu were my first contact with linux i will use windows more than linux and all of your effort have a result that is opposite to that what u really want i think.

So may all of your have a nice weekend. greetz steve