PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Microphone on Asus Xonar U1

fa2k
February 24th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I have an Asus Xonar U1 USB soundcard. The mic input is not working, I have tried all different settings in alsamixer and sound preferences*. I have also tried a few different microphones.

The microphone shows up but there is no sound. In windows, the microphone works, but it's somewhat quiet.

The sound card shows up as "USB Advanced Audio Device" in alsamixer, and "Xonar U1 Audio Station" in Sound Preferences. I think the driver is snd_usb_audio.

A minor annoyance, which may be related, is that at low levels, the playback volume is muted completely, becoming unmuted at ~ 20 %.

I really hope someone can help me with this. My laptop does not have a mic input, so this is a major problem for me. If someone has this working, it would also be great to know this.

Thanks,
Marius

* alsamixer: "PCM Captur" to Mic, Line and IEC958 In. Volume on Mic and Line to 0 % and 100 %, I have disabled digital output.
Sound Preferences: Tried all Connector settings; analog-input-dock-mic, analog-input-rear-mic, analog-input-front-mic, Analogue Microphone, Analogue Line-In.