PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Running certain screenlets bogs down CPU extremely

DCarrollUSMC
February 24th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I've recently installed a couple screenlets (AnalogClockRing and Impulse specifically) and have noticed that they both put a huge amount of stress on my CPU. When either is running I notice that xorg jumps to the top of my CPU usage list and with both enabled my processors run at near 100%. I have quite a bit of desktop graphics enabled but I have a system that should be able to handle it. Anything I can do to cut down on the usage from these (especially the analog clock ring because I really like it) screenlets?

DCarrollUSMC
February 24th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Bump. Nobody has any idea why this simple screenlet is using so much processing power?

Bobhuber
February 25th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I've recently installed a couple screenlets (AnalogClockRing and Impulse specifically) and have noticed that they both put a huge amount of stress on my CPU. When either is running I notice that xorg jumps to the top of my CPU usage list and with both enabled my processors run at near 100%. I have quite a bit of desktop graphics enabled but I have a system that should be able to handle it. Anything I can do to cut down on the usage from these (especially the analog clock ring because I really like it) screenlets?
I had exactly the same problem with the screenlets program. I finally gave up and went with the new Cairo-Dock app. In addition to a bunch of apps that come with the program you can create your own custom screenlets. I'm not advertizing for them and there default language (French) can be a bit of a challenge when you go to there Forum site but it's really a neat program that has come a long way since it was first introduced.
Heres a link to a screenshot. All of the upper launchers and info panels are screenlets.
http://uppix.net/b/3/8/d359f85cacfec0c85a1c83f6e72a6.png