PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Maverick 10.10 - Bluetooth, Display Issues

uv_goth
February 23rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
I have switched from KDE to Gnome for this upgrade and have several issues, that didn't have before.

- Big one is Bluetooth. It says adaptor isn't plugged in but it is and the Bluetooth devices are working (Logitech keyboard and mouse + USB adaptor).

Well the mouse has stopped now (is fine on other partitions) and it's now a big problem rather than just an inconvenience I couldn't add new devices). May well just try KDE Bluetooth Manager which does work.

It took several weeks for Gnome is suddenly decide it would let me use my media buttons on the keyboard.

- Bold text onscreen is fuzzy. Have checked various settings. I have Nivdia hardware driver installed and thus can't use standard Gnome monitor settings and use Nividia X Server ones instead.

- Browser (Seamonkey) bookmark toolbar icons show but they don't in the bookmark drop down boxes. Have tried different Gnome themes and Seamonkey themes.

- Bold text in OpenOffice Spreadsheet is showing as bold-italic text. (I checked using the I button and it doesn't change look)

- Windows minimise with an annoying "flash" effect and don't always switch a window to foreground when I click it. Compiz is uninstalled.

- Selected Items custom colour not being used except for highlighting text. Buttons, scrollbar, etc all still using Ubuntu Orange.

- Hidden Files are not remaining un-hidden and every time I open /home, I have to reset again.