PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is this an update bug? Suddenly firefox images mostly gone

tiggsy
February 23rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
This is really strange.

I turned on the computer this morning as usual, went into firefox, and some of the pages in the tabs look a bit strange, but i reckon they're just loading slow...

Then I went into one of my sites that has images of some other sites that I designed. The images all seem to be there, so on. So I click through to one of the sites and... no images. Odd. Tried clicking where the image should be "View image" and it says firefox can't find it. Checked in ftp, the images are there and viewable.

Installed chrome and the site is perfect. Images showing up and everything.

Still the same after a reboot.

It makes cpanel really hard to use. Lots of sites including Facebook are just rubbish to look at (not just mine), seems the stylesheets may not be loading either in some cases. However, Ubuntu Forums is normal. In fact the whole thing is apparently completely random

All is fine in Chrome.

Is this a buggy version of firefox installed in the the latest update?

I'm using Lucid. ff 3.6.13

Bitter Peace
February 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'm having the same problem as well, it seems to be related to Adblock Plus (at least in my case). If I disable it, everything looks normal.

I believe there was an update to Adblock Plus recently, maybe something went awry.

tiggsy
February 25th, 2011, 01:39 PM
AAAha!:lolflag: <.<

Well, after a single day using Chrome - I don't care about firefox any more.

Just wish there was a chrome equivalent for FireFTP
:popcorn:

tiggsy
February 25th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Mind you, thinking about it... I don't have adblock plus - but I do have flashblock. So maybe it's that.

Frogs Hair
February 25th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm using Firefox (Namoroka 3.6.15 pre) and have nothing unusual to report. My add-ons include Adblock , No Script , and Better Privacy .