PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How Do I Convert From Simply Accounting To Eqonomize?

LonelyAspie
February 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Our business is replacing Microsoft Windows with Ubuntu (Linux) but there is one or two problems with the main computer in the office. One the main computer is my Dad's computer and the only thing he does differently then the other computers is that he does his accounting which he uses Simply Accounting and I don't think Simply Accounting is compatible with Ubuntu/Linux.

I found a great, simple accounting program for Ubuntu called Eqonomize. It doesn't have to be that one, but anyone where we can convert are data from Simply Account to an accounting program with Ubuntu.

Deadtrooper
May 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Before you do that, see if Simply Accounting will run under Wine. Be sure to right click the Simply Accounting .exe file and enable the executable bit in Properties before trying to install it. Also see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=799987. There are sundry other threads on this and other forums also related. Hope this helps and let me know how you get on or if you have already solved your problem some other way. ttfn Steve.