PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can I install Mac OS VMware on linux?

theou huios
February 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hello

I wanted to know whether ubuntu allows installation of VMware machines as Windows does. And if it does, how do I do it.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hello

I wanted to know whether ubuntu allows installation of VMware machines as Windows does. And if it does, how do I do it.

Your question was lacking in detail about what you what to accomplish. I hope I am answering your question.

You can install VMware on Ubuntu. There are several VMware products to choose from. Once you choose the product you want to use, you need to refer to VMware's documentation for installing it on a Linux platform.

theou huios
February 23rd, 2011, 03:30 AM
I did try the it myself.

But I am facing one problem.

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/install-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-onto-t8324.html

I am facing a problem at the 10th point in the above given link.

This is the image of what I am getting. It's not showing the "Empty" under IDE controller. It shows "HOST DRIVE TSST CORP" .Please tell me what should i do.

And also do we need to seperately download Mac OS X .ISO image . Or does the virtual box itself does it.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 24th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I did try the it myself.

But I am facing one problem.

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/install-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-onto-t8324.html

I am facing a problem at the 10th point in the above given link.

This is the image of what I am getting. It's not showing the "Empty" under IDE controller. It shows "HOST DRIVE TSST CORP" .Please tell me what should i do.

And also do we need to seperately download Mac OS X .ISO image . Or does the virtual box itself does it.

The image didn't get attached.

What you are doing in step 10 and 11, is selecting the .iso as the boot device in order to load the OS onto the VM.

Yes, you need to download the MAC OSX iso. The virtual box will not download it for you.

The title of the thread says VMware; however, the instructions you are using are for Virtualbox.