PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] epiphany bookmark bar?

degarb
February 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
I want to replace firefox with epiphany. The problem is two people in house who constantly use browser cannot read (age 3 and 5 now). They rely on bookmark bar with icon of site (pbskids, sesemestreet, nickjr, etc). I do not see Epiphany has this. I click add toolbar, it adds one that disappears on closing this dialog.

Is there a work around?

vikramss
February 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
I have Epiphany web browser in the past but I didn't find it better than Firefox. You can give a thought to try Google Chrome web browser and I think you already about bookmark bar and bookmard add ons of Google Chrome. If you don't want to try Chrome then kindly tell so. I will try to install Epiphany and find bookmark bar in it.

degarb
February 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Naturally, I wish to bring up all these points for the sake of others following behind me.

I found http://www.quickbookmarks.com/private/degarb It took me about 2 hours to port my Bookmark bar to it. The downside is relying on a company that can, and statistically likely will, go under. Also, will need to teach youngest how to find the home button. The upside is how well done their bookmarking site is done.