PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Help Installation Dual Boot Wubi / Dead CD/DVD Drive / USB not available boot device

ravapps
February 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Anyone help please.

I have my old laptop TravelMate 2413NLMi 1GB RAM. My Cd drive works not well on most of the CDs. I don't know how it picks Win2K3 cd but in that also it gives problem. After some break it picks it up.

Installed win 2K3 server successfully from CD Drive. That Cd is old and very good quality. Later I downloaded ubuntu iso 32 /64 both when I heard about dual boot via wubi. I wrote the ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386 iso on 2 CDs with fastest and slowest speed both on my new laptop but that Cds not worked in the old laptop cd drive. Also my laptop not support USB as boot device in boot sequence. So USB install via usb creator cannot work. I also verified that Iso are fine by installing on someoneelse's desktop PC. Those cds work well there.

Back to my laptop:

Then I copied all Cd content in a folder on desktop of Win2K3 with the help of my new laptop CD drive and usb drive I have.

I run the Wubi on the desktop of Win2k3. It run successfully and in the end asked me to reboot. I rebooted.

I got the 'Ubuntu' option on booting. I selected and came into it. After that ubuntu splash screen came and then following message displayed on screen

THE ERROR:
mount: mounting /dev/loop1 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Input/Output error

I got it this is due to the dead/faulty cd drive which ubuntu not able to mount.

Now tell me how to install ubuntu further with the UI.

Is there some special command to do this going in Grub pressing 'ESC'
because the already specified modes have some commands on pressing 'e' there.
Some way if I can use iso in that environment copying from USB. I need commands for that.

Please help friends. I want to see ubuntu in action. I used lot of my bandwidth to download this iso files but still not able to see it in action.

Give me some idea and commands. I am a linux begineer not a daily user.

Please help !