PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Darling Starling Wifi Problem

Inkcrafter
February 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hi! I am totally new to Ubuntu, love it so far, and have had my little Starling for about two months.
My problem is pretty simple, but I've been unable to fix it. My Starling seems to have a problem holding a connection, even when it's strong and reliable. (Another computer can hold the same connection, but the Starling drops it after a few minutes.) The wifi icon shows that it's still connected, but the pages don't load. I can only fix it temporarily by disconnecting and reconnecting, or restarting the computer.
Can anyone give advice with this? It's absolutely the only problem I have, but it's a big one.
Thank you very much!

quixote
February 23rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
The Starling is from the System76 people, right? They're usually very helpful. My first guess would be there's something wrong with the hardware, i.e. faulty wifi, because it wouldn't normally do that. The System76 people could tell you whether this is a problem others have been having. Possibly, you just need a replacement.

Inkcrafter
February 24th, 2011, 06:23 AM
It is! And okay I guess I could give them a call :) I actually wanted to be sure there wasn't something I could do on my end first because they're so nice and I hate to bother them!
But thank you! I think I will call them tomorrow!

thefinn93
March 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
I'm curious if you got an answer. A friend of mine (who also has a Starling) has had similar problems. She is unwilling to do a damn thing about it, but I'd like to know how to resolve it anyway.