PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Is it possible to rearrange icons in the awn Indicatior applet?

Mr_VeRiTy
February 22nd, 2011, 03:14 AM
Hi I'm trying to replace my Gnome panel with awn, but the Indicator applet is arranged differnt from how I like it on my gnome panel, is there a way to rearrange them, like maybe in gconf?

Frogs Hair
February 22nd, 2011, 03:47 AM
The configuration editor is for Gnome and Awn applets will be listed there but moving them is done from the Awn settings. My applets , such as , clock and weather are on the right side and launchers are on the left.

The order that applets appear can be changed by installing them in a different order or rearranging them in the applet settings . Launchers should move by dragging them.

Mr_VeRiTy
February 22nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
The configuration editor is for Gnome and Awn applets will be listed there but moving them is done from the Awn settings. My applets , such as , clock and weather are on the right side and launchers are on the left.

The order that applets appear can be changed by installing them in a different order or rearranging them in the applet settings . Launchers should move by dragging them.
Actually I was talking about changing the order of the icons inside the indicator applet, but nevermind, I figured something out. Thanks anyways though ^_^

Copper Bezel
February 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
What did you figure out? I'm relatively new to using AWN in place of Gnome Panel, too, but I thought they just appeared in order of being launched. Like nm-applet is always first, but if I were to kill it (which I won't do now, as that would make it very difficult to post this) and restart it, it would be listed last, then. I know that my battery icon did this earlier when I had to restart gnome-power-manager because of a thing.

Mr_VeRiTy
February 22nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
What did you figure out? I'm relatively new to using AWN in place of Gnome Panel, too, but I thought they just appeared in order of being launched. Like nm-applet is always first, but if I were to kill it (which I won't do now, as that would make it very difficult to post this) and restart it, it would be listed last, then. I know that my battery icon did this earlier when I had to restart gnome-power-manager because of a thing.
I meant this: On my gnome panel I had (in this order; right to left) my power button, my me menu, indicator applet, clock and then the system tray (notification area) but in the awn applet the power button was before the indicator icons, so I disabled the power button part of the applet and added the "shut down" applet in its place. The picture on the bottom left is the before picture, and the picture on the right is the after picture. I just wanted the power button on the right lol.

Copper Bezel
February 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Oh, cool. I'll stick with the appindicator, myself - I like having all the session options right there, even if "right there" is in between my system sound control and Tomboy. = )

kerry_s
February 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
you can use more than 1 indicator applet & separate all the icons if you want.

Copper Bezel
February 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Kick ***! Thanks!

Mr_VeRiTy
February 22nd, 2011, 11:44 PM
you can use more than 1 indicator applet & separate all the icons if you want.
That's genius :D