PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu on a Media Player

Schu35
February 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I am trying, or rather wondering if I could put Linux on a touch Media Player that I have purchased in Taiwan. It is a Garmma media player that has a lot of capability but I would like to have Ubuntu or Kubuntu or something of the sort on it. It doesn't have wifi on it, but it has an internal hard drive of 8gb and is expandable to 40gb with a flash drive. I am able to format the hard drive because it shows up on my computer as a removable drive. Now when I tried to install it through the flash drive it didn't work because the Media Player can't run .exe files. I have searched around on the internet to find out if I could do this and found nothing. Please let me know if this is possible and if so how.

Frogs Hair
February 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Does it have a CPU and memory compatible with running an operating system. I would look at any documentation that came with the device.

I could find no information on that device , but it may not sold here.

Schu35
February 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Does it have a CPU and memory compatible with running an operating system. I would look at any documentation that came with the device.

I could find no information on that device , but it may not sold here.

how would I find out if it has that? I would assume though that it does considering it is able to run its own operating system on it, it even has an explorer option on it to see what files are on the local and flash drive.

I would look at the owners guide that came with it, but the problem is it is in Chinese and I do not speak it...

Schu35
February 23rd, 2011, 05:27 AM
if this is possible how should i go about doing it? especially if it doesn't open .exe files