PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Burg doesn't change anything.

Mr. ViC
February 20th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Hi.

So today I installed Burg.

I first installed BUC from Synaptic, and then burg-manager from Synaptic again

Followed a little tutorial to get started, did the install on /dev/sda/, message poped up with "Operation sucessful", choosen a theme, double clicked it, restarted and the grub is still the same.

I have Windows and Ubuntu installed here, Ubuntu is the primary one (obviously).

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. ViC
February 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Bumping.

Mr. ViC
February 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
One final bump...

slooksterpsv
February 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Did you run:

gksudo update-burg

?

Mr. ViC
February 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Ran it, the output is this:

/home/purity/.themes/MetalLex/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:319: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "/Shadows/entry-shadow-in.png"
/home/purity/.themes/MetalLex/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:322: Background image options specified without filename
/home/purity/.themes/MetalLex/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:96: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.Btw, that "MetalLex" is the theme I am currently using.

Rebooted, and the grub is still the same.

I heard of some incompatibility of Burg with Grub2? But the version I'm using seems to be 1.98.

On my desktop PC, tried to downgrade to the legacy grub, and does not work also, but well, if I get burg to work on my laptop at least, I'm already happy enough.

Thank you.

Mr. ViC
February 21st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Well, sorry for bumping, but it's just to say I finally got it working.

Followed this tutorial, and is working great:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/get-animated-themed-icon-only-grub-menu-using-burg-now-simple-to-use/

Just in case someone ever has the same problem I had.

And even "bought a beer" to the people from Burg Project :P

Thanks guys.