PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Clock Applet Not Updating

omeganow
February 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I used gconf-editor to change the format of the date and time displayed on the panel (I wanted sortable
strings for pasting into a table of OpenOffice base, since base can not automatically insert the current timestamp value into a column with the create time of its table row).

Using the the strftime() manual page as a guide, I entered

%Y/%m/%d - %H:%m

as the value for custom_format in gconf, and entered

custom

as the value for attribute format, and it worked to the extent that the clock applet now displays the date and time looking like this:

2011/02/20 - 03:02

This is what I wanted to see in the panel, and the copy time function returns that string, which meets my requirement for a sortable timestamp string. However I now have other problems:

1. The displayed time in the clock applet is no longer updating: it is stuck at the time I changed the format. Reboot of ubuntu did not help. Any ideas?

2. The applet's copy date function returns

Sunday, 20 February 2011

which is not the default formatting, and the gconf-editor dialog does not show a separate attribute for setting the format of the date separately from the time format. Where is the format string for the date portion of the current date and time value ?

omeganow
February 20th, 2011, 01:36 PM
OK - small change to the previous post.

The clock applet's reformatted time dispaly updates once per hour.

How do I get it to update once per minute?