PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] seperate taskmanger and launcer for AVN

Arminius
February 20th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I've just started using Avant Window Navigator, and I'm wanting to get rid of the default Ubuntu bar, but as you can see in the photo there's a problem, the launcher and the task manager don't separate their contents, so I have to keep the window list up, is there a way of installing a separate Avant task manager or launcher?
just want launcher stuff on one side and what's currently running on the other side.

Arminius
February 20th, 2011, 09:42 AM
one solution if anyone knows how to do it, is that I have seperate docks, one on the bottom and one on the top
if I could tell the top one to have launcher only, and the bottom to have task manager, then that would work
problem is if u right click on the top one, change it's settings, those settings changes are shared by both top and bottom

nilarimogard
February 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
To get a launcher only on the top dock, add a "Simple launcher" applet, then drag and drop some apps onto the dock.

Copper Bezel
February 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
So, essentially, you want AWN to not act like a dock? = ) But yeah, if you use Simple Launcher for your launchers and then remove the launchers from the taskbar applet, that seems to accomplish what you want.

rvchari
February 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
problem is if u right click on the top one, change it's settings, those settings changes are shared by both top and bottom

this is natural, earlier i used to use 3 AWN docks, bottom left / center / right to separate start menu, places / launchers /logout,battery,weather etc for left center and right.

i could not set different settings for different AWN as AWN doesnt seem to run as multiple process (am i technically right?)

i havent tried another option, use 2 different docks for 2 different purposes ! one at top and one at bottom (Docky customization is not as cool as AWN though and cairo uses unnecessary system resources!)