PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Remove items from the Launcher

BusaDave9
February 20th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I can see how to add programs to the Launcher. I can also remove some things from the launcher. But there are some things that Ubuntu evidently thinks should never be removed from the launcher.
For example I don't like "Files and Folders". It doesn't show the entire folder structure. I can't see how to remove it. Instead I prefer "File Manager".
Can someone help me remove "Files and Folders"?
Thanks

jerrrys
February 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
can you give us a screenshot?

BusaDave9
February 22nd, 2011, 02:36 AM
If I run File Manager and right click on it in the Launcher one of the options is to remove it from the launcher.

If I right click on Files and Folders in the launcher then my only options are to select a folder. I don't have an option to remove it from the Launcher.

jerrrys
February 22nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
ok, i understand, but its not called file manager. the 'file manager' that comes with ubuntu is different.

your file manager has a different name. if you can give me this name i will load it and then we can see whats up...

BusaDave9
February 26th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Your right, the "file manager" I have did not come with Ubuntu. That's because I did not like the "Files & Folders" app that did come with my Ubuntu. It's this "Files & folders" that I want to get rid of.
I have Ubuntu Netbook version 10.10