PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Installation Problems with Studio 10.10(Maverick)

ckslayer2222
February 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
In advance let me thank anyone for reading this and taking the time to help me out. I currently just installed Ubuntu Studio 10.10 , The installation itself went rather smoothly. The installation installed GRUB for me as I wish to install Ubuntu along side a Freshly installed version of Windows 7. Here in lies my question, I have installed Ubuntu but upon the restart it does not go into GRUB it just loads Windows 7 and that is it as if Ubuntu was not there. I am curious as to if I have screwed something up in my provess of installation. Below you will find my methods for partitioning and OS installiation Order.

Installation Order:
1) Windows 7 Ultimate x64
2) Ubuntu Studio 10.10

Partition Method:
I simply used the partitioner that is built into the Windows installation. I set aside about 400GB in an NTFS partiton for Windows and left around 200GB unallocated for Ubuntu and the Swap File.

Hardware specifics:
The drive I am currently installed to is a 640GB Raid 0 array on an Intel ICH9 Storage controller part of the P55 Chipset. I am not sure if it is because of the RAID Array or not but any help would be most appreciated.