PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question regarding drivers/firmware folders

coreytownsend
February 18th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Hi all!
I have limited linux experience in the past and have recently started my attempt to get a better understanding again. I have Ubuntu installed on my home PC and am loving it. I then installed Chromium OS on my EeePC 1000HE with internet through a wired connection. All was great until I unplugged and realized that the wireless did not work. I have spent more hours than I am willing to admit at this point trying to get it to work. I found the drivers and firmware but would get messed up in the process with my little knowledge with installing them.
I then installed Ubuntu on my netbook and the wireless worked just fine right after install. So now, I have a working copy of Ubuntu on one SD card and a copy of Chromium on another SD card without wireless capability.

My question:
Is there a way that I can copy the drivers and firmware folder from Ubuntu and put it into Chromium? I am familiar with navigating around at command prompt and mounting the USB drive that I would like to have the drivers and firmware folders copied to.
I believe I know the location of both drivers and firmware, but since I am so new to this...a point to the location on each would be very much appreciated.

Once those folders are copied into place, do I need to do anything else to get them to work?

Thanks in advance!
Corey

grahammechanical
February 18th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I have only just googled Chromium os. So, I know less than you about it but from the little reading that I have just done I am not surprised that you are asking for help on the Ubuntu forum. The Chromium web site is not very helpful.

You need to set up networking in the Chromium OS in the same way that you need to do it in Ubuntu. Here is a link

http://dev.chromium.org/chromium-os/user-experience/settings

Click on the images to enlarge them.

regards