PDA

View Full Version : hello all^^

Torisuna
February 17th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I was trying to post in the cafe but I can not so I hope this is moved. I'm Torisuna, I think I'm new to a Linux OS (I think) but I been using Turbo server, Red Hat 2.4 and 7.2, mandrake, and Puppy Linux, with a test computer. It has been some years since I use a newer distro of the Linux OS and I am quite pleased to see the progression. I have been using Windows OS for primary file information structure and security in the hopes to better understand security flaws for the development to better secure programs from the back doors and so on so to speak.

A bit about me: I have been working with computer OS in general since 1995 and I just love to see how tech is progressing :D ubuntu has its uniques' and I am excited to learn more and hopefully help to grown the OS. The system I am using is:

System: Barebones Kit
Shell: SU0412500-01 (Custom) with micro ATX and Full ATX support
Power: Diablo Tek Da Series 250 Watt ATX Power Supply
Motherboard: ASUS CUC2000 ACPI
BIOS: Award (Phoenix Technologies) Reversion 1025-002 B
Processor: 1000GHz Pentium III (Coppermine)
RAM: 512 MB (PC 100) DIMM
Video Card: Nvidia 64MB 4X AGP (test on 256MB AGP active)
Optical Dive: Sony 16x CDRW
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 60GB 7200RPM 3.5-Inch Hard Drive
Kernel: 2.26.35-25 (generic)
GNOME: 2.32.0

I had the: 'error# GLib-Warining: getpwuid_r failed due to known user id (0) ,' during fresh install but I got around it quickly and have observations and solutions on a doc for the AUSU CUC200 ACPI and the Award (Phoenix) Reversion 1025-002B ( if anyone cares to see, let me know).

That's all from me and lets come together and make a true OS for all to use. Were on the right track :D

maqtanim
February 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the Family! :D

Karajishi
February 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hello!! I am fairly new myself and am loving it! The whole open source ethos is inspirational to me. I am currently in my first year of reading Software Engineering at University. As my skills grow I will definately be looking to give something back to the community.

Nice to meet you!

Karajishi

s.fox
February 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
You will be able to post in the cafe when it is reopened. Thread moved to cafe.