PDA

View Full Version : really C language Begginer to Open source Development Team

beyair1
February 16th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Hello World,
i am beginning C language programmer,i want to join to open source development team that can i to gets experience and to learn more from the working,team and whatever
until know i did bmi calculator,equation from leaf one ,this is very basic things,and i want to programming in the early work basics things and go up..

email me:
beyair1@gmail.com
:popcorn:

nvteighen
February 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hello World,
i am beginning C language programmer,i want to join to open source development team that can i to gets experience and to learn more from the working,team and whatever
until know i did bmi calculator,equation from leaf one ,this is very basic things,and i want to programming in the early work basics things and go up..

email me:
beyair1@gmail.com
:popcorn:

Usually, it goes the other way around. It is you who has to search and choose a project you like.

Also, it's always much better to have learned more than one single language. The more languages you know the more projects you'll be able to contribute to; it's kinda obvious.

worksofcraft
February 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Usually, it goes the other way around. It is you who has to search and choose a project you like.

Also, it's always much better to have learned more than one single language. The more languages you know the more projects you'll be able to contribute to; it's kinda obvious.

IMO & TBH someone new to programming will just get all confused if he/she tries to learn several programming languages at once :confused:

nvteighen
February 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM
IMO & TBH someone new to programming will just get all confused if he/she tries to learn several programming languages at once :confused:

I never implied it should be done at once.

Well, what I wanted to imply is that to contribute into FOSS projects one has to gain a certain grade of maturity. And IMO, learning different languages of different type is as important as practicing. Mainly because you'll be expected to know things that in some cases are much clearer to understand in some specific languages and much more difficult in others... well, sometimes just impossible (I'm thinking about true metaprogramming in C or low-level programming in Python, for example).

forrestcupp
February 16th, 2011, 05:08 PM
If you're that new, you might not want to jump in on a project where the developers are really wanting to get things done.

Maybe you should start by checking out Project Euler (http://projecteuler.net/) for some practice. Then maybe you could come up with some small projects of your own. That's the best way to learn.

Then after you're a little more experienced, maybe some devs would be happy to have your help.