PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Show Desktop button/shortcut bug?

ramsesiitr
February 15th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Hi all,
I have been trying to active the shortcut <Super>+D to minimize all active windows and show desktop. Compiz is already install on my system, so that I have tried all possible combinations of "show desktop" functionality in Compiz and Gnome itself. However, whenever I use the shortcut, it activates(maximize) one window first, and it shows desktop if I use the shortcut second time. Actually same thing happens when I press the "show desktop" button on the panel as well.

Has anybody encountered this problem? Any solution?

Thank you.

Frogs Hair
February 15th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Hi and welcome

It is possible that a key binding in Compiz is in conflict with the short cut . When an effect is enabled in Compiz and a conflict is detected it usually opens a dialog box that asks if you want to ignore the conflict.

Did you experience any such warnings ? If using the CCSM make Gnome compatibility is active .

ramsesiitr
February 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi and welcome

It is possible that a key binding in Compiz is in conflict with the short cut . When an effect is enabled in Compiz and a conflict is detected it usually opens a dialog box that asks if you want to ignore the conflict.

Did you experience any such warnings ? If using the CCSM make Gnome compatibility is active .

Thank you for warm welcome.
First I disabled all show desktop effects in Compiz. I have checked and none of the shortcut has conflict with any other. The interesting thing is, this strange behavior does not always happen. For example, while I was checking the key bindings, I enabled Show Desktop effect in Compiz. The problem persisted. After disabling and enabling the same effect, it worked properly(at least it seemed working).
I don't understand!

ramsesiitr
February 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Ok, just found out what the problem is!
When I click "Show Desktop" button first time, it does show the desktop. But, then, if I open a folder and want to see desktop again, first program shows the previously minimized windows. Quite irritating.

Frogs Hair
February 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I have the same behavior but never saw it as a problem . When I have multiple windows to open I use my cube and just switch work spaces.