PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] cannot open synaptic packet manager, update manager,ubuntu software centre

jaj540
February 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM
pls help..
I have installed ubuntu tweak in my system and changed my logon picture .after i restart the system i couldnot open ubuntu software centre.. it will show starting ubuntu software centre and then nothing comes..
then when i took synaptic update manager it shows a error report that
"
E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-tweak-stable.list (dist parse)
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report."

then when i take update manager it shows

"An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-tweak-stable.list (dist parse)' "

pls help... i cannot open ubuntu tweak also..

:cry:

amsterdamharu
February 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
You could execute the following command:

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-tweak-stable.*Then start update manager, package manager and software center.

You have to add the ubuntu tweak repository again later but that might break it again.

arochester
February 15th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Open /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-tweak-stable.list and copy and paste the result here so we can see it.

To open it, open a Terminal and use the command
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-tweak-stable.list

jaj540
February 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
@ amsterdamharu : THANK U VERY MUCH.... (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=898154)

NOW I CAN OPEN update manager, packet manager and update manager:p

i was really worried...thanks again

jaj540
February 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM
@arochester: my prob is solved...

anyway this is the result
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu main #Ubuntu Tweak Stable Source

when gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-tweak-stable.list is typed in termial

really thanks for helping...... i am really greatful