PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Docky

TimmyK.
February 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hello again. I just got Docky on my laptop (now everyone who sees it thinks it's a Mac). However, there are some problems. First of all, it is overlapped by the taskbar at the bottom (the one with all of the windows in it). How can I move this bar to the top or get rid of it altogether and put the windows in the top bar? Second, how can I change which icons are in the dock? I want to get rid of some and add others. Thanks in advance.

jwcalla
February 13th, 2011, 11:33 PM
To get rid of the bottom panel simply right-click on an empty portion of the panel and select "Delete This Panel".

To add the Window List to the top panel you can right-click on an empty portion of the panel and select "Add To Panel..." then select "Window List". You may need to expand the size of the window list applet to be able to see the window titles.

Alternatively you can make the bottom panel auto-hide by selecting that option in the "Properties" on the right-click menu. There is also an option in "Properties" to move the bottom panel to the top, if you'd like to have two top panels.

TimmyK.
February 13th, 2011, 11:53 PM
OK, thanks. One final question: how do I add things to the dock? I can put an icon for them on the desktop, and then drag them in, but I don't want the icons in the desktop. When I move them to trash, the icon for them in the dock doesn't work when you click on it. Any way to put them directly in?

jwcalla
February 14th, 2011, 03:15 AM
That I can't help you with, since I'm not familiar with Docky. ;) But maybe someone else knows the answer.

kn0w-b1nary
February 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM
it's actually quite simple: drag-n-drop. :)