PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 - HP G62 - 224A question

PT-Desu
February 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hey, I have a HP G62 - 224A laptop and running Ubuntu 10.10 not updated to lazy ^^, anyhow there are two things I can't solve

1 - The battery icon always tells me Calculating or was it Estamating but never gives me battery %

2 - I am right handed and the windows controls minimzie, maximice, and close do bug me since they are in the left corner and I am more used to older ubuntu being in right corner

so how would I can get the battery to show me % instead of always telling me that its calculating the % and never gives me a number, I always have to go into the extend properties of it.

and not only that how can I decrease the load on the battery since when using Ubuntu the laptop dies much quicker then using W7

gordintoronto
February 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I also have a G62, but I'm running 10.04. My battery icon works properly. To change the location of the window controls, right-click on empty desktop and select "Change Desktop Background." Select the "Theme" tab, and select "Clearlooks." You can play around with different themes if that one doesn't appeal to you.

In System/Preferences/Power Management I think you can find a brightness control, which can help extend battery life.

PT-Desu
February 12th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I had a copy of 10.04 somewhere, and yes I think it did show me battery and such but I lost it somewhere so I dl a copy of 10.10 and then the icon never worked

fett2k
March 10th, 2011, 09:57 PM
any way to downgrade whatever is needed to the power icon works properly?

about the right handed thing..
Alt+F2, then you run gconf-editor. here you go to /apps/metacity/general/button_layout, and you enter ":minimize,maximize,close"