PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] can't upgrade to ubuntu 10.10

True_Snake
February 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I've tried some different way's to upgrade my 10.04 to 10.10
but I get the same problem all the time, it starts ok but when he
starts to calculate changes he quits and claims there is a problem with my apt dependencies
I already checked my apt to look for broken packages or anything but I don't find any problem there.
Could this be caused because I'm still running amarok14 which I compiled manually or does this have nothing to do with it.
Anyway I hope someone can help me out with this and if you need some more info just ask.

all help greatly appreciated
I'm still kinda noob in linux

zvacet
February 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

True_Snake
February 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
you got a good point but that is not the problem,
my apt is perfectly up to date I've done these commands before doing the release upgrade.
And I checked again a minute ago :)
I also tried in different ways; in my terminal by command "sudo do-release-upgrade", with my update manager and by downloading ubuntu 10.10 and try to upgrade offline by cd.
Nothing works
I get the same problem every time again:

Could not calculate the upgrade

An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade:
E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

This can be caused by:
* Upgrading to a pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Running the current pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu

If none of this applies, then please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the files in /var/log/dist-upgrade/ in the bug report.

thx for the advice thought but my problem is the release upgrade to maverick 10.10

True_Snake
February 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
update of the situation I've being trying some other things
and by this destroyed my complete install, like I said still a noob:)
But since I had to reinstall I directly installed Ubuntu 10.10
and so is this thread actually solved.

jack_123
February 11th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I have exactly the same problem! I dont know what to do. I dont want to go through the hassle of doing the install again.

eb0b
March 3rd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Same issue here has anything else been brought up about this?

swapnilnarendra
March 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
I am using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.10 (or rather I shud say I was using 10.10). For a past few days I was getting the same kind of error while upgrading and when I finished the upgrade, it killed my computer.

I re-installed 10.04 again and tried to upgrade and to my surprise it gave me the same error again. So I am downloading the 10.10 now and as soon as it is downloaded I am going to re-install it one more time.

Is it an issue with the upgrade or what ?

Here is the link for the thread which I started:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10513323#post10513323