PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound System deleted??!? Weather Widget??!? Logitech WebCam??!?

billyquizboy7
February 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I think I somehow deleted my sound system. I can still listen to Amarok, but I cannot watch Youtube videos. The little sound icon in the top right corner of my screen, next to the date has only an outline of its shape and "---" in front of it. It does not allow me to control the volume like I used to be able to. How do I fix this?

Here's the things I have been tinkering with.
1) I have been unable to figure out my weather widget (plasma-widget-yawp) so I uninstalled it earlier. I was hoping that when I reinstalled it, I would know where the file was so that I could activate it. This, however, did not work. When I try to reinstall it, it says: Package Dependencies cannot be solved. This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time.
2) I also just plugged in a Logitech webcam C310. I also loaded the windows install cd in my computer, hoping that I might get WINE to run it. To no avail.

Do you know how to fix any of these problems (sound, weather widget, webcam)? I am still learning the Ubuntu ropes. I have version 10.10.

Thanks!!

billyquizboy7
February 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
This is the message I get from the sound system:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Removed Sound Device
KDE detected that one or more internal sound devices were removed.
Do you want KDE to permanently forget about these devices?
This is the list of devices KDE thinks can be removed:

Capture: Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
Output: Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server

billyquizboy7
February 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I Figured out the sound problem. Now I am trying to figure out the weather widget and the webcam. Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks!