PDA

View Full Version : Warty ----> Hoary

blfamily
February 24th, 2005, 02:38 PM
What are some of the main differences between Warty and Hoary? When does Hoary officially get released? I posted yesterday saying "What's the big deal?" Just as a quick update, I've been using ubuntu for a total of 3 days now and I'm really enjoying it. It's a good stable distro and I'm looking forward to deploying it to all my systems in the future....again though....COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE MY WIFE THAT WINDOWS ME IS INFERIOR???? LOL

Brian

p!=f
February 24th, 2005, 02:50 PM
What are some of the main differences between Warty and Hoary?

Warty is the current stable release. Hoary is the development branch.

When does Hoary officially get released?
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/HoaryReleaseSchedule

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE MY WIFE THAT WINDOWS ME IS INFERIOR???? LOL

I think some "not-so-destructive" virus could do the job done, especially if you start to laugh really loudly shouting "this could not happen in my world". :-D

rohandhruva
February 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
What are some of the main differences between Warty and Hoary? When does Hoary officially get released? I posted yesterday saying "What's the big deal?" Just as a quick update, I've been using ubuntu for a total of 3 days now and I'm really enjoying it. It's a good stable distro and I'm looking forward to deploying it to all my systems in the future....again though....COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE MY WIFE THAT WINDOWS ME IS INFERIOR???? LOL

Brian
Hi,

I suggest you stick to warty if you are afraid of daily updates and broken packages (tohugh that occurs /very/ rarely on hoary)..

If your wife needs to be convinced that windows is better than linux, i suggest you tell her to try running 10 memory hogging processes at once, and then some more, and then try to update your system while winamp blasts out music. If windows doesnt crash, i will ship my machine to you thro' FedEx expedited shipping. :) :D
;)

Rohan.

blfamily
February 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I suggest you stick to warty if you are afraid of daily updates and broken packages (tohugh that occurs /very/ rarely on hoary)..

If your wife needs to be convinced that windows is better than linux, i suggest you tell her to try running 10 memory hogging processes at once, and then some more, and then try to update your system while winamp blasts out music. If windows doesnt crash, i will ship my machine to you thro' FedEx expedited shipping. :) :D
;)

Rohan.

My wife's computer would crash if I printed this message off and waved it in front of the monitor. :-P

jdodson
February 24th, 2005, 07:24 PM
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE MY WIFE THAT WINDOWS ME IS INFERIOR???? LOL

sure. next time the computer bogs down because of spyware or gets a virus or tojans or whatever have your wife fix it. if she does not want to fix it then have her live with it. if she doesnt want to live with it, install ubuntu. if she doesnt want to use ubuntu buy a mac. if she doesnt want to use a mac then give her a pen a paper and some stamps.

poofyhairguy
February 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE MY WIFE THAT WINDOWS ME IS INFERIOR????

You can do it. Simply say that everyday she uses Windows, inherent flaws in the OS allow it to be hacked into easily (the example of spyware autoinstalling itself comes to mind) and what she does on the computer is open to strangers.

If there is something all the females in my life hate, its a loss of privacy.