PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screenlets: some start, some do not

nmcgrew
February 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I installed screenlets last night and the weather widget starts regardless of how many times I delete it. The cairo clock will not start no matter how many times I add it and tic the auto start box. So I uninstalled screenlets this morning to start over and it's still doing the same thing. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Thanks.

Frogs Hair
February 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Try
sudo apt-get remove --purge screenlets and reinstall . I used Screenlets on 9.10 , but found them to be flaky on 10.04 and 10.10 in terms remembering settings.

nmcgrew
February 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Try
sudo apt-get remove --purge screenlets and reinstall . I used Screenlets on 9.10 , but found them to be flaky on 10.04 and 10.10 in terms remembering settings.

nope, didn't work. the weather is still loading although i believe the clock is also loading now. it's annoying but i'll just keep deleting that screenlet upon start up. thanks though!

Frogs Hair
February 8th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I have not used screenlets in a while and I thought the purge may wipe out the configuration . I think wiping out the whole thing including the folder/s is the only way to start fresh. The folders are located in File System > usr/share/screenlets/screenlets mananger.

VCoolio
February 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I recognize the issue, don't really have an answer. I just run screenlets directly on startup instead of launching the manager. Add a script with a command like this to startup applications:
sleep 10 && python $HOME/.screenlets/AnotherFolderView/AnotherFolderViewScreenlet.py &
sleep 10 && python $HOME/.screenlets/AnotherScreenlet/AnotherScreenlet.py &
# etcetc if necessary

Frogs Hair
February 9th, 2011, 12:05 AM
The configuration folder can be found in Home > Hidden folders .screelets and will remain after the program has been removed. Remove this one also. Use Ctrl+H to display hidden folders.