PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution gone from messaging menu indicator applet

Intsmssss
February 8th, 2011, 03:42 AM
It was there until I just now added skype to the messaging menu.
I did this by typing "gksu gedit /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/skype" in terminal and adding /usr/share/applications/skype.desktop to the file.

After i done that i checked the applet and evolution was gone. It now shows "chat" on top, then "broadcast", then skype.

The evolution file is still there containing "/usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop"

I did notice there being two the same evolution icons in "/usr/share/applications" + the evolution mail and email settings icons.

This probably isn't of importance but the only other thing i ever changed earlier in the application applet was adding emesene. I deleted emesene and since i diddnt quite know how do delete text file made for it so I just removed the "/usr/share/applications/emesene.desktop" text from the file.

Also when i had emesene installed and the icon in the indicator applet it showed on top is it possible for me to get the skype icon on top as well?

Using ubuntu 10.10

Thanks,
David

frogotronic
July 18th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I also have this issue, when I removed empathy and replaced it with pidgin.

- CH