PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] X-Windows: pointer moves faster horizontally than vertically

ubuntie2
February 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Hi all,
I've set up the Apple Magic Trackpad with my dual-scren Ubuntu system, the screens of which give me combined screen resolution 3360x1050.
It works basically, however the coordinate ranges are messed up, as follows.
Moving my finger the bottom of the trackpad to the top, my pointer moves from bottom of display to top.
However the same is true horizontally: From the left side of the trackpad to the right, the pointer moves from the left of the monitor A to the right of monitor B.
Thus the speed horizontally is 3 times what it is vertically.
How can I fix this? Even if I remove one monitor (no big deal) the pointer will still move 50% faster horizontally...
After much searching I have not found the answer.
Thanks!

quesadilla
February 7th, 2011, 10:54 PM
try going to system=> preferences=> mouse and see if changing up any of the preferences there fix the problem. also, it might be something wrong with your trackpad.

ubuntie2
February 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM
try going to system=> preferences=> mouse and see if changing up any of the preferences there fix the problem. also, it might be something wrong with your trackpad.

There's nothing there about it. Whatever fixes this, it won't be a GUI-based solution.