PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Application in focus move when changing workspace

kondyj
February 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Just installed a new computer with ubuntu 10.10. I assign shortkey alt+1 to move workspace left and alt+2 to move workspace right.

When I move workspace the focus application move with me to the new workspace. That is kind of annoying since I usually build up my workspace with mail here, music here, surf here. After sometime with this new "feature/bug" I got application all over the place.

1) How do I turn this off?
2) How do I enable dragging application from one workspace to another.

(Visual effects is set to Normal)

Thanks!

mcduck
February 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
1. Where (and how) exactly did you configure this shortcut?

Compiz plugins have two separate options for moving from a desktop to another, a normal one and then one that moves the active window with you. Sounds like you binded the shortcut to wrong one... ;)

2. In CompizConfig Settings manager, under Desktop Wall/Viewport Switching or Rotate Cube/General (depending on which one you are using) enable the the "Edge Flip Move"-option.

kondyj
February 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
1. Where (and how) exactly did you configure this shortcut?

Compiz plugins have two separate options for moving from a desktop to another, a normal one and then one that moves the active window with you. Sounds like you binded the shortcut to wrong one... ;)

2. In CompizConfig Settings manager, under Desktop Wall/Viewport Switching or Rotate Cube/General (depending on which one you are using) enable the the "Edge Flip Move"-option.

Well, now I feel kinda stupid. I did the change in System -> Preference -> Keyboard shortcuts.

But I just noticed that i had put alt+1 to "Move window one workspace to the left" instead of "Switch to workspace on the left of the current workspace". :lolflag:

Thanks m8, all good now.