PDA

View Full Version : Wich p2p network gives you better result??

Ziggurat
April 30th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Hi, what network gives you better results??

Bittorrent or overnet/edonkey???

Ziggurat
April 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hi, what network gives you better results??

Bittorrent or overnet/edonkey???

encompass
April 30th, 2006, 01:47 PM
If it is to get illegal information well neither... that is against the law...
But Bittorent is an amazing program made to save small servers from being bloated with to much load and killing internet speeds everywhere. I love bittorent because it saves everyones bandwidth.

MenZa
April 30th, 2006, 01:50 PM
...why are you posting this twice?

Ziggurat
April 30th, 2006, 01:51 PM
...why are you posting this twice?

It was an error, how can i delete the duplicated post??

angkor
April 30th, 2006, 01:56 PM
you can't. report it to a mod.

welsh_spud
April 30th, 2006, 05:16 PM
With me BT is best at downloading large files (CD images, movies etc), and less good at downloaded anything less than say ten megabytes.

welsh_spud
April 30th, 2006, 05:42 PM
ignore this post

BoyOfDestiny
April 30th, 2006, 06:17 PM
With me BT is best at downloading large files (CD images, movies etc), and less good at downloaded anything less than say ten megabytes.

Actually I'd disagree with the last point. Bittorrent is good when a file is popular (many people seeding). Bittorrent doesn't work as well when a file is unpopular (few or no seeds). Size big or small, BT can handle it.

Also, peer to peer networks are not illegal. Some groups would like that (like the RIAA), but it is not the case since there are so many non-infringing uses. I've downloaded/uploaded many linux ISOs with bittorrent...

aktiwers
April 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Direct Connect is the best for me. Next is Bittorrent.

Tedd
April 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I don't have the patience for Bittorrent :P

I don't download music. Really, I don't. I feel better when I buy the CD because I'm supporting the bands. But if you do, that's cool too- stuff's there for a reason.

As for Linux ISO's and the like, I don't need things that badly. I just need to figure out how to install Gentoo :P

thomashauk
April 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
GNUtella for small files like Pictures although for larger files ed2k is better although sill as slow as two lorries overtaking up a hill. Bittorent is good though if you cn find a torrent but than can sometimes be a tad difficult so I tend to only bother if one is provided by the place I'm atempting to download from.

nalmeth
April 30th, 2006, 08:25 PM
1. Direct Link
2. Well Seeded Torrent
3. Fasttrack network

Sheinar
April 30th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Depending on what I'm after, different networks give me different best results.

If I'm looking for something popular, BitTorrent is what usually gives me the best results.
If I'm looking for some more obscure music, Direct Connect usually gives me the best results.
If I'm looking for some less popular file (which isn't music), then the eDonkey network usually gives me the best results.